Baton Rouge General are committed to supporting patients and families
through compassionate service and care. From offering a warm smile
and cheerful “hello” to visitors, to helping someone find the perfect
gift for a loved one, to rocking a newborn baby in our NICU, our
volunteers are dedicated to service excellence. Our volunteers are an
essential part of our Community of Caring, impacting so many of the
General's patients, visitors, friends, doctors, nurses and staff. They
provide the little extras that help to create that special
experience people have come to know and love at the General.
For more information, click here to download a brochure or contact Volunteer Services at (225) 387-7079 or Volunteers@BRGeneral.org.
From patient care areas to special projects and events, Baton Rouge General has many exciting and fulfilling volunteer opportunities to offer. We take great care to match you to the location and position that best fits your interests, abilities and hours of availability.
- Gift Shop Attendant: Help customers select the perfect gift! Under the direction of the Gift Shop Manager, assist with inventory, wrap gift items and perform other duties as assigned. 100% of the proceeds of sales support Baton Rouge General.
- Information Desk/Greeter and Navigator: Escort visitors to appointments, give directions and create a warm and welcoming environment.
- Surgery Waiting Information: Provide information and comfort to families while offering support to staff members.
- General Volunteer: Assist staff where necessary in the care and maintenance of the assigned area.
New volunteer opportunities arise every day, so if you don’t see something that matches your interest or skill set, contact us at (225) 387-7079 or email@example.com –- we may have other opportunities.
In 1953 hospital administration formed Baton Rouge General’s Volunteer Auxiliary Organization. Since then, these men and women have worked in nearly every department of the hospital and raised thousands of dollars for new equipment and expanded facilities. Today, more than 60 years later, our volunteer base includes more than 300 dedicated volunteers who contribute approximately 42,000 hours of service to the hospital each year.
Baton Rouge General Volunteer Auxiliary Officers
Vicki Pernici, Past President
Hall of Fame Members
Howard Marsellus, III
Do you love meeting, greeting and helping new people? Come share your skills with us by volunteering to be a Hospital Greeter, a Gift Shop volunteer or to volunteer in any other area of interest.
Our volunteers possess unique characteristics like yours to create that special experience that our patients and visitors have come to know and love at Baton Rouge General.
Throughout the year, Baton Rouge General’s Volunteer Services and Volunteer Auxiliary host a variety of events to raise funds that support the patients and staff at our community, not-for-profit hospital. All events are open to the public.
- January 23, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m., Mid City
- January 26, 3:00 - 5:00 p.m., Mid City
Volunteer Auxiliary Board Meeting
- January 24, 1:00 - 2:30 p.m., Bluebonnet - Foundation Board Room
- March 28, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m., Bluebonnet - Foundation Board Room
Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon
- April 20, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
National Volunteer Week
- April 23 - 29